A warm, cozy home decorated for Christmas is high up on my list of favorite things, especially when Hallmark Christmas movies, a fire crackling, Christmas cookies, and hot cocoa are involved.
Since getting married 3 and a half years ago, we’ve built up a small collection of Christmas decorations, including a tree, a few ornaments, a strand of pre-lit garland, stocking holders, and three stockings this year (one for Dunc, one for Lively, and one for me). I’m excited to build up our Christmas decoration collection more and more over the years! I thought I’d share some of my favorite Christmas decorations below, including the links to where you can purchase them. I’d classify the overall style of my taste in Christmas decor as cozy and simple 🙂
- Stockings: I LOVE the look of cable knit stockings with pom poms! We got ivory and red ones almost exactly like these.
- Cable Knit Tree Skirt: This ivory tree skirt matches well with the stockings I featured above, as does the red one on their site. They are simple and keep that cozy feel!
- Stocking Countdown Banner: All growing up, my mom planned a Christmas activity for each day of December leading up to Christmas. We had a little Christmas tree in our dining room with tiny present ornaments on it, and each morning when we woke up, we would go find the one that matched with the day of the month, and there was a piece of paper underneath it with the activity for the day written on it. Some of the activities were big, like picking out our Christmas tree or going to watch the Dixie Stampede Christmas Show, and others were smaller, like playing Christmas Pictionary, having a “snowball fight” with crumpled up paper balls, or creating paper snowflakes to hang in our entryway. I would love to do something like this with our kids in the future, and these stockings would be a perfect way to do it! You could hang the stocking banner on the mantle or somewhere else, and just put that day’s activity in the corresponding stocking number. Click here to shop this stocking countdown banner.
- Red, Green, and White Ball Garland: This garland is so cute and matches well with the stockings and tree skirt. It’d be super cute on the tree (added to lights and ornaments), or hanging somewhere else around the house.
- Christmas Candles: Duncan and I are both big candle people; we almost always have one burning! I especially love warm smells, like vanilla and nutmeg, which are extra perfect for Christmas-time. There’s just something about a candle burning that makes a house feel more like a home. Here’s a yummy-smelling one!
- A Plush Throw: I’m a sucker for cozy blankets, especially in the winter. I love the color of this green one and how soft it is (plus it’s 25% off)!
- Festive Throw Pillows: Couches are so much comfier with throw pillows on them, and I think it’s so fun when people use different throw pillows for the different seasons. I love this Christmasy one (and the way it would look with the throw pictured above).
- Cookie Cutter String Lights: How cute and unique are these Christmas lights?! I love that they add something a little different, but still aren’t over the top at all!
- Wreaths: I love the look of wreaths, both indoor and outdoor. I love classic green wreaths like this one (it’s under $10!), with big red bows tied on them, as well as red berry wreaths like this one (25% off)!
I hope you got a little holiday inspiration from these pieces, or that it at least got you even more in the Christmas spirit 🙂 Collecting Christmas decor can take time, which makes it even more special.
Always and forever,
*Click HERE to pin this post!