“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.”
I can hardly believe that it has been 6 months since we became husband and wife! On the one hand, it has flown by, but then again, it feels like we have been enjoying marriage for years and years. It has been the most wonderful beginning of our lives together, full of growth, laughter, and joy. God is constantly molding and transforming both of us, and I wouldn’t have it any other way! To celebrate these 6 months together and in honor of Thanksgiving coming up, I want to elaborate on 6 things I LOVE about my husband:
1) Duncan so genuinely loves the Lord. He is fully dependent on our Savior, and walks so in tune with Him. He realizes the areas the Lord has given Him as strengths, as well as his weaknesses in which the power of Christ can work through him. He has taught me so much over the years about being fully open and honest before the Lord, and the beauty of constantly being in communication with Him. When I start to become anxious and can’t seem to wait any longer to see what the Lord has in store for our future, Duncan points me to our Heavenly Father, who already knows what all of our days hold and who has the most perfect plan.
2) Duncan is dedicated and passionate. I have never seen someone who stays so on track with what he is doing. If there is something he is working on, he does not leave it unfinished. He is all there in whatever he is does, and you can trust that he will learn everything fully and thoroughly. These are the qualities of a successful, reliable person.
3) Duncan is kind and patient. He is constantly covering me with kindness that I do not deserve. He loves me so well, and second to Christ’s love, it is the deepest and most sincere, selfless love. He does not speak angrily or get frustrated with me, rather approaches everything calmly and is quick to forgive. He is kind to everyone, which makes him stand out and radiate with the love of Jesus.
4) Duncan is incredibly fun to be around. He has changed my life so greatly, and makes every day new and fun. He enjoys the little things, and always knows how to make people laugh. He has made me appreciate life so much more, and has filled my life with endless laughter. Whether it is watching TV series together, working together, or spending every day of summer together at the lake fishing, life is simply more fun together.
5) Duncan dreams big. I love that he does not settle or give up easily. He has big goals, along with the determination, boldness, and perseverance to make them happen. All of his goals involve helping others, which reveals even more his true love for Christ and for others. I am so thankful to be a part of his life and know that whatever the Lord has in store for him will be beyond our wildest dreams.
6) Duncan is servant hearted and bold. Duncan is constantly thinking of others and actively serving them. He is so in tune with the needs of others and never misses an opportunity to serve someone. He does so much for me, and I am so undeserving. Every morning he makes sure my backpack, lunch, and breakfast are together and easy for me to grab as I run out the door. He always makes sure that Kya (our puppy) is completely taken care of and given the love and attention she needs, even in the midst of his busy schedule.
Duncan is my best friend and has helped to make our marriage so fun and beautiful. The Lord created this man, and deserves all of the praise. I am enjoying where we are at and look forward to the future together. I’m humbled and overflowing with thankfulness.
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer.” -Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Always & Forever,